Job Title: Technical Paraplanner
Hours: Full-time (9:00am to 5:30pm)
Location: Our office in Shalford, near Guildford, Surrey
The Role and Opportunity:
You will join the team as a Technical Paraplanner reporting into the Paraplanning Manager. We are looking for you to take a senior role within the team to deliver an outstanding experience for our clients.
Part of the role will be to act as a deputy for the Paraplanning Manager, to help lead and manage a client focused, motivated team of paraplanners to ensure the production of first-class research and report writing on a full range of financial planning, products and services.
You will utilise your thorough understanding of the advice process, suitability letter requirements and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and ensure these are reflected in your work.Responsibilities:
- Providing paraplanning support to a team of Financial Planners. This will include:
- Working alongside the Financial Planner on advice strategies
- Research on products and investment strategies
- Using our cash flow modelling tool
- Producing suitability reports
- Assisting the Paraplanning Manager and our Risk & Development Manager with the company’s research processes including platform and product due diligence.
- Working alongside the MD and Paraplanning Manager on running the company Investment Committee, responsibilities include:
- Attending and documenting the minutes at the quarterly meetings
- Communicating investment updates to the wider business
- Assist in the production of client facing investment update sheets
- Able to think innovatively and laterally, to challenge our current processes and look for ways to improve the service we provide and the client’s experience.
- Assisting the Paraplanning Manager in developing good relationships with providers and arranging meetings with them as needed.
- Assisting the Paraplanning Manager when needed with managing the paraplanning team to include;
- Paraplanning workflow
- Organisation and allocation of team tasks
- Motivation and communication across the team
- Managing sickness and holiday for the paraplanning team
- Diploma in Financial Planning achieved
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Ideally J10 or another investment focused qualification
Harding Financial are passionate about the team’s continued learning and development, we would therefore be looking for this person to continue their qualifications.
- Experience in a technical paraplanning role
- Excellent knowledge of investments, pensions, trusts, taxation and protection
- Strong investment and fund knowledge
- Experience of using fund analysis tools such as Financial Express
- Experience of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Self- motivated and driven to succeed and deliver a first class service to clients
- Good at problem solving and thinking outside the box
- 100% client focused
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Hands on, can do approach to work
- Fantastic interpersonal skills
Get in touch today
Call us, email, drop in, or fill in the form so that one of our expert advisers can be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you and being your financial partner.