Job Title: Independent Financial Planner & Tax Adviser
Location: Our office in Shalford, Guildford (with some flexibility to work remotely)
We’re currently looking for someone to join the Harding family and our growing advising team. It's important that this new team member aspires to spend every day working closely with clients; collaboratively creating financial plans and working to achieve them. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box and finding solutions to a whole host of challenges and questions then you'll fit right in!
Our team are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for clients, keen to continue growing their knowledge and expertise and committed to a long and fruitful career with us.
At Harding Financial we can offer you a work family like no other – a team of passionate, fun and driven individuals growing together with one mission – to make a positive difference to the life of every client.
The Role and Opportunity:
As an Independent Financial Planner & Tax Adviser with Harding Financial you will provide holistic advice to clients on managing their money in the most profitable, tax efficient and suitable way. We are looking for this individual to attract and work with high-net-worth clients and build funds under management to circa £30million.
Harding Financial is a directly authorised firm, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. As an independent firm the successful applicant will be able to offer clients whole of market advice. In addition, Harding Financial are authorised and have the relevant processes in place to provide advice on equity release, DB transfers, long-term care and employee benefits; therefore, providing further opportunities for suitably qualified consultants or alternatively a route for referrals.
Typical activities within our role of Independent Financial Planner include;
- Generating new business enquiries through means such as networking, professional connections, internal referrals etc.
- Meeting new and existing clients to assess their assets/liabilities, circumstances, attitudes, objectives and priorities.
- Building good relationships with clients and providing the Harding ongoing service proposition.
- Producing clear and concise financial assessments following a meeting with a client.
- Using our cash flow modelling tool Voyant with clients.
- Working with the paraplanning team to produce Financial Strategy Reports for your clients.
As a qualified accountant we would also be looking for you to complete tax returns for clients and assist the business in acquiring an accountancy firm.
- Diploma Level 4 in one of the following (or very close to achieving):
- The Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, administered by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
- The Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA), administered by the ifs School of Finance.
- Specialist qualifications would be beneficial, for example; equity release, defined benefit pensions, long term care, STEP etc.
- Level 6 qualified or currently working towards it
- Qualified accountant
- You must have at least 3 years of experience in an Advising role; ideally within an independent, non-restricted environment. We would like you to have been involved in working with new clients and have experience of delivering an ongoing service too.
- Good IT skills with particular focus on Microsoft 365 and cash flow planning systems.
- Excellent writing skills
- Self- motivated and driven to succeed and deliver a first class service to clients
- 100% client focused
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent questioning and listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A natural networker
- Good at problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Full UK driving licence.