Trainee Independent Financial Planner Role
Job Title: Trainee Independent Financial Planner
Location: Our office is in Shalford, Guildford
We’re currently looking for someone to join the Harding family and our growing advising team. It's important that this new team member aspires to spend every day working closely with clients; collaboratively creating financial plans and working to achieve them. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box and finding solutions to a whole host of challenges and questions then you'll fit right in!
Our team are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for clients, keen to continue growing their knowledge and expertise and committed to a long and fruitful career with us.
At Harding Financial we can offer you a work family like no other – a team of passionate, fun and driven individuals growing together with one mission – to make a positive difference to the life of every client.
The Role and Opportunity:
You will join the team as a Trainee Independent Financial Planner, for the first 6-12 months until ‘Competent Adviser’ status is reached. During this time you will be shadowing and supporting the Company Director and Associate Director, attending meetings and working in a paraplanner capacity. This will give you the opportunity to learn the business processes, company systems and service proposition whilst experiencing first-hand the role of a Financial Planner.
After approximately 6-12 months and once ‘Competent’ we will then look to help you build a bank of clients with which you will build a strong working relationship and deliver a first class ongoing service.
- Diploma Level 4 in one of the following (or very close to achieving):
- The Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, administered by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
- The Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA), administered by the ifs School of Finance.
Harding Financial is working towards Chartered status and is therefore looking for all Financial Planners to continue their development towards Level 6. The business will fund this requirement by means of study material for the exam and the cost of the first exam in each topic. Membership costs for your relevant industry body will also be paid for by the company.
- You must have at least 3 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong IT & Systems skills
- Self- motivated and driven to succeed and deliver a first class service to clients.
- 100% client focused.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team and be an active member of ours.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
Get in touch today
Call us, email, drop in, or fill in the form so that one of our expert advisers can be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you and being your financial partner.